With the explosion of video games, D2D envisioned the potential of games to transform financial education and build the financial capability of consumers. D2D’s vision translated into the development of a suite of financial entertainment titles that improve financial knowledge, capability and self-confidence for players. Preliminary researchshows that these games can be more effective than traditional financial education methods.
With partners in the military, government, financial services, community colleges, and grass roots organizations, D2D has developed games that have reached nearly 400,000 individuals across the country. These games have been featured in the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal, and have received numerous national awards.
D2D continues to work on new titles and on systems to easily customize games to meet the needs of specific groups – from private employers to colleges to financial educators. Games are available free at financialentertainment.org or via the app store. D2D’s current suite of titles includes:
Financial Entertainment publications:
- Bringing Financial Entertainment to America Infographic
- Can Games Build Financial Capability?
- Gamifying College Readiness and Financial Literacy
- Financial Entertainment Working Paper
Financial Entertainment Updates:
- Vampires in The Economist?
- RAND Publishes D2D’s Financial Entertainment Working Paper
- Staples Bite Club Project Nabs Two More National Awards